June 2020 |
In response to the global outbreak of COVID-19, CrossLife Technologies has developed the IsoTARATM COVID-19 Colorimetric Assay to perform near point-of-care where sample extraction is not necessary. The IsoTARA amplification processes with colorimetric detection of RNA from the SARS-CoV-2 through nasopharyngeal swabs, sputum, and oropharyngeal (throat) swabs from patients with signs and symptoms of infection who are suspected of having COVID-19. CrossLife Tech has submitted the FDA Emergency Use Authorization and is waiting for the approval.
Benefits of the IsoTARATM COVID-19 Colorimetric Assay
- Overcoming the bottleneck to widespread testing of COVID-19.
- Expensive instrument-free, only requires small potable heat block for more distributable testing.
- Direct testing without a separate RNA sample extraction or preparation.
- Improved target collection, concentration and/or recovery resulting in improved sensitivity.
- Faster diagnosis/treatment, improved disease containment.